Building Safety is now accepting plan check and permit requests through the online Building Request Portal. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Project site legal address
- Property Owners Information: name*, address, phone number, and email. Permit will be issued to the name listed per the Los Angeles County Assessor. If the property has recently been sold you may be requested to provide proof of ownership such as a copy of the Grant Deed.
- Applicant: name, phone number, and email
- Payee: name, phone number, and email address
- Contractors Information: Business name, CSLB number, phone number, and email
- The email address is required. If you do not have a contractor, please enter your own email to move forward.
- Description scope of work:
- If your request is related to a Woolsey Fire rebuild, please indicate so.
- If your request is for a plan check, please indicate so.
- Many projects require Planning approval prior to submittal for Plan Check or Permit. Please verify with Planning if your proposed scope of work requires a Planning approval first. If you have already received Planning approval please include the number where indicated.
Once you receive a 4-digit confirmation code, your request is in the queue. Staff is working diligently on requests in the order received. To avoid delays, please wait for staff to contact you. Building Safety staff will review your request and contact the applicant for any plans or additional details. An online invoice will then be emailed to the payee. Once payment is made, the permit will be emailed to the person signing for the permits.
Start typing the property address, and then select from the dropdown that appears. You must select a valid address. The APN will fill automatically. If there are unit numbers in the dropdown menu, please select the correct unit as well.
If you do not have the information, leave this section blank. Applicant email is the only required field.
Are you applying as an Owner-Builder?
Enter a contractor email, and license number and then press search. If you do not know the license number press seach anyway. If nothing is found you will be allowed to enter information maunally.
Please provide a description of the proposed scope of work.
200 Character(s) Remaining
Is this application associated with any other active permits?